Intoxicated male found by train tracks

At 2:30 a.m. on Jan. 28, officers were dispatched on report of a male subject passed out near the railroad tracks between South College Avenue and West Spring Street. The male subject was lying near the tracks face down. When the officers approached him, he was moaning and making unintelligible remarks. The officers noticed the subject not only possessed a strong odor of alcohol, but also had urinated himself. It was approximately 11 degrees at the time of the call and it was unknown how long the subject had been outside. Upon pulling the subject's ID from his wallet, the officers learned that he was only eighteen years old. The Oxford life squad was dispatched to the scene. While attempting to carry the subject to the ambulance, the subject began to vomit. He was transported to McCullough-Hyde, where he was charged with underage intoxication and disorderly conduct.

Trailer park owner receives death threat

At 8:57 a.m. on Jan. 28, officers were dispatched to 5201 College Corner Pike regarding property damage. When they arrived they met with the residents, one of whom manages Miami Mobile Home Park. He described that he came outside at 8:30 a.m. and noticed the word "dead" scrawled across his front door in black marker. His wife stated to the officers she had heard someone on the front porch sometime between 1:30 and 3 a.m. and had heard the screen door open. She stated she was very concerned for her safety. The manager stated that he had no suspects in mind, however, the trailer park had undergone many new changes since the park had changed ownership. He had been the one to disperse the new rules to the tenants, many of which were not happy. The officers checked security footage and did not spot anything suspicious. The investigation is ongoing.

McCullough-Hyde Memorial fraternity

At 2:30 a.m. on Jan. 30, an officer observed a white male walking north on the 0 block of N. Main St. The male was wearing a distinctive hockey jersey that caught the officer's eye and was holding a red plastic cup. The officer proceeded to follow the male who continued to walk back by the delivery area of McCullough-Hyde hospital. The officer watched the male pull on a door of the hospital. After pulling on the door, the male climbed onto a railing to get to the other side where there was a set of concrete stairs. The officer noticed the male seemed unsteady as he climbed up onto the rail. He advised the male to step down from the rail to which the male mumbled something about a fraternity house. Upon questioning him further, the male insisted that he was at his fraternity house and not the hospital. The officer noticed he had slurred speech, smelled strongly of alcohol and appeared to be heavily intoxicated. Upon discovering the male was carrying a false ID, the officers transported him to the police station where he was charged with disorderly conduct and underage intoxication.