Opinion | RedHawks need support from student body

Editorial Board

The RedHawks lost their first football game of the season Saturday to Ohio State University with a score of 10 to 56. Miami held a lead of 3 to 0 in the first quarter, but quickly lost its momentum in the wake of Braxton Miller and the OSU's strong defense.

The Miami Student editorial board is disappointed in this weekend's loss, but believes that this game is not indicative of the rest of the RedHawk football season.

We are proud of Miami for its strong beginning to the game, and its performance against a Big 10 school.

Ohio State is a great team, and Miami's efforts both offensively and defensively were impressive.

In spite of two interceptions, quarterback Zac Dysert played an amazing game. He threw for over 300 yards, the first time since 2009 that any quarterback has amounted such a number against OSU's defense. And the last time that happened, the quarterback was Colt McCoy, and the team was the Texas Longhorns. That's some pretty impressive company.

Senior leaders like Dysert will lead the team this season, and should carry the team through the MAC.

Students should be energized for this year's football season, and in attendance for games this fall. The RedHawks will need our support, playing teams like Ohio University who beat Penn State University Saturday.

So remember to wear red this Friday to show your support for Miami athletics, get to the game this weekend, and go Redhawks!