Flashback with Sean McVay, Washington Redskins offensive coordinator

[embed]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUlHwkeWFpA[/embed]

Sean McVay, offensive coordinator of the Washington Redskins and Miami University '07 graduate, talks with sports editor Grace Remington about Brick Street Bar, his freshman-year residence hall, the Cradle of the Coaches and his advice to the current football team.

Redskins defensive line coach Robb Akey also stops by to laugh at Sean's old Miami football photos.

Sean played wide receiver for the Miami football team from 2004-07.

He became the youngest offensive coordinator in Redskins history in January 2014, when he was hired at 27 years old.

After graduating from Miami, Sean began his career as a coaching assistant for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2008. After a stop with the Florida Tuskers (UFL) in 2009, he joined the Redskins as an offensive assistant in 2010. He served as tight ends coach from 2011-13.

Sean's grandfather, John McVay, played center for Miami's football team from 1950-52 and won the Salad Bowl in his first season. John served as vice president and general manager for the San Francisco 49ers from 1979-1995, leading the team to five Super Bowl Championships. He was named NFL Executive of the Year in 1989.

John McVay Jr., Sean's uncle, played defensive back for the RedHawks from 1972-74, winning two Tangerine Bowl games.

"[Miami] attracts people who are motivated to be successful in whichever arena they choose to pursue," Sean said. "Anytime you're around other people who are motivated to try to be great at something, it kinda rubs off and becomes contagious."

Watch the interview above.

Flashback is a series of stories about notable Miami University alumni. We revisit their time as students at Miami and look at the paths they have taken since graduating. Have an idea for the next flashback? Send us a tip at eic@miamistudent.net or sports@miamistudent.net.

Video courtesy: Chris Kerwin, NBC4 Washington

Photo courtesy: Miami Athletics, three photos of Sean McVay from 2007 and two photos of Dauch Indoor Sports Center.