Executive Search Committee appoints new dean of FSB

Victoria Slater, Campus Editor

The Executive Search Committee for The Farmer School of Business (FSB) has chosen Matthew Myers as its eighth dean after a year-long search, according to a FSB press release. He will assume the position on July 1, 2014.

Myers is currently serving as associate dean of the center for executive education at College of Business Administration at the University of Tennessee, as well as a professor in marketing. He earned a Ph.D. in business from Michigan State University and has taught and worked in a variety of countries, including Romania, Taiwan and Uzbekistan.

During an open forum session with Miami students on Nov. 6, Myers articulated a need to "protect the core" of both FSB and foster close interactions so they can better succeed in the business world.

Miami University Provost Bobby Gempesaw was quoted in the press release, stating his support of the executive search committee's decision.

"The Farmer School has a well-deserved reputation for excellence and continual improvement, and we are confident that Matt's thoughtful, collaborative style of leadership will serve the school, its students, faculty and staff, well," Gempesaw said.

Additionally, the press release quoted Myers' response to his appointment.

"It is an honor and a privilege to be chosen as the new dean of the Farmer School of Business, and a wonderful opportunity to work with the faculty, staff and students," Myers said. "I am very excited about the future of the School and University, and look forward to being a member of the Miami community."