Chick-fil-A to open next month

Sign outside of the former Magnolia Clothing Store in Stewart Square advertise the new location for a Chick-fil-A Express coming to Oxford in November.

Oxford community welcomes Chick-fil-A, due to open in Stewart Square by November

The rumors are true. Chick-fil-A is coming to Oxford and will be open for business in November.

According to the city's Economic Development Director Alan Kyger, full plans have been submitted for the new interior for its 313 S. College St. location.

"It seems to be full steam ahead for the new Chick-fil-A," Kyger said. "As far as I have heard, the store should be open and operating by November."

The new Chick-fil-A will be in place where Magnolia Clothing Store used to be in Stewart Square.

Darrell Nelson, who currently runs the Bridgewater Chick-fil-A located in Hamilton, said the new location in Oxford is an extension of the Hamilton location. The Oxford location is currently looking for a full staff of employees. Any students or Oxford residents can apply for a position at the new store through Chick-fil-A's main website.

Many students living in the area are extremely excited about the news of a new Chick-fil-A in an Oxford location.

"I'll probably be there everyday," junior Alexa Berry said. "I used to drive all the way to Hamilton just to get Chick-fil-A so this is a huge improvement."